Kiewit Corporation Estimator in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Date: Feb 12, 2019
Location: Eden Prairie, MN, US
Requisition ID: 72244
• Check in bidding documents for estimates.
• Perform take-off and entry on estimates.
• Prepare information for transition from estimating to engineering.
• Generally assist the Lead Estimator through the stages of bid preparation.
• Perform analysis of historical data.
• Degree in Construction or engineering or related discipline or related experience.
• Three or more years’ construction estimating experience, or construction experience with exposure to and understanding of the estimating function.
• Specific experience in heavy industrial or heavy commercial estimating (piping, electrical) is required.
• Excellent computer skills and attention to detail.
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. as needed.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, Electrical, Water Treatment, Wastewater, Finance, Engineering