Kiewit Corporation Safety Coordinator - East Coast Region in East Coast Region, New Jersey
Safety Coordinator - East Coast Region
Date: Nov 25, 2018
Location: East Coast Region, NJ, US
Requisition ID: 76761
Cherne Contracting is one of Kiewit’s oldest districts. Founded in 1916. Cherne is a valuable part of Kiewit and is well known for safety and quality of execution in amazing projects within the oil, gas and chemical sectors. Alone and with other Kiewit districts through internal joint ventures, Cherne not only provides challenges but the stability and career development opportunities expected in a world-class multi-billion dollar organization.
• Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district Safety Management Programs at industrial construction projects.
• Conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident response as needed.
• Embody a proactive approach to safety, being constantly aware of conditions and work practices, being empowered to stop all unsafe work when needed.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Safety, Engineering or related field plus 3-5 years’ construction environment safety experience OR
• Equivalent educational or work experience.
• Ability to work in heavy construction site environment interacting effectively with staff and craft.
• Ability and willingness to relocate to project sites across the USA for an extended period of time.
• Fast-paced project site and project office environment; Working outdoors in ambient conditions. Interact professionally with all levels of craft, staff and management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift, climb and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. to extended project assignments.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Safety Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering