Kiewit Corporation Project Quality Manager - East Coast Region in East Coast Region, New Jersey
Project Quality Manager - East Coast Region
Date: Nov 25, 2018
Location: East Coast Region, NJ, US
Requisition ID: 76757
Cherne Contracting is one of Kiewit’s oldest districts. Founded in 1916. Cherne is a valuable part of Kiewit and is well known for safety and quality of execution in amazing projects within the oil, gas and chemical sectors. Alone and with other Kiewit districts through internal joint ventures, Cherne not only provides challenges but the stability and career development opportunities expected in a world-class multi-billion dollar organization.
• Develop thorough knowledge of the project scope and schedule as they apply to QA/QC
• Provide primary technical support to all team members and the crafts by managing the development and implementation of the Project Quality Plan and by research/answering questions of a technical nature
• Assist other projects and regions as needed in the implementation of The Company’s Quality Program
• Four-year engineering, science or technical college or university degree plus eight years’ experience in a related construction field (at least four of these years in a QA/QC position); or an associate degree in engineering technology or science plus ten years’ experience in a related construction field (at least four of these years in a QA/QC position): or a high school graduate or equivalent (GED) plus twelve years’ experience in a related construction field (at least six of these years in a QA/QC position)
• Must have working knowledge of construction industry codes (AWS, ASME, etc.)
• Current CWI certification
• Self-starter with organizational, managerial and leadership skills
• Fast-paced field project environment; must be able to interact professionally with management, fellow staff members and craft employees while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, climb, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Field project assignment.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Regional Manager, Engineer, Project Manager, Manager, Quality Assurance, Management, Engineering, Technology