Kiewit Corporation Document Control Clerk - TIC (ND) in Dickinson, North Dakota
Document Control Clerk - TIC (ND)
Date: Feb 27, 2019
Location: Dickinson, ND, US
Requisition ID: 79351
Location: This role will be based at our project site in Dickinson, ND.
District: TIC – Denver focuses on construction projects in Power, OGC and Mining all throughout the country. TIC – Denver is “open-shop” / non-union.
As a Document Control Clerk you will manage document control duties with minimal supervision in support of the project. You will be responsible for establishing document flow and distribution at the job site. Collecting and logging in of all contract documents and project documentation from bid phase through project completion. Reproducing, distributing, storing, and retrieving of documentation.
• Understands and complies with Document Control Policies and verification checklists.
• Working knowledge of disciplines (pipe, electrical and mechanical) and related drawings. Ability to recognize and read a drawing with no labels by type.
• Capable of folding and storing CAD drawings according to standard.
• Control and stamping of Master sticks and duplicates.
• Establish engineering/document files in accordance with records retention and PFIS controls and standards. Knowledge of each document type in PFIS folders.
• Basic understanding of document types; including but not limited to:
o Equipment lists
o Bills of Material
o Design change notices
o Requests for information
o Letters, memos, transmittals, faxes
o Client and Joint Venture contract
o Manufacturer’s literature
• Basic understanding of standard engineering practices.
• Receive, log, file and distribute all engineering documents based on a pre-determined performance standard.
• Generation and distribution of Daily publications and reports.
• Capable of prioritizing work independently.
• Working knowledge of internal audit procedures on document control.
• Collection of old version drawings.
• Responsible for Master I & O (Instruction and Operations) manual.
• Assembly and compilation of client turnover package per client requirements.
• Working knowledge of Prolog, Sharepoints and Document Control Systems
• Maintains electronic correspondence file structure.
Supplies and Reproduction Equipment:
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining supplies for Document Control department.
• Responsible for the blue line/black line machine, scanners, control filing cabinets, wall files, binders, folding tables, drawing racks and any other required support.
• Four years of post-high school education or equivalent combinations of training and experience.
• Basic aptitude in communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, e-mail and Intranet.
• Working knowledge of document control procedures.
• Working knowledge of Prolog, Sharepoint, and Teambinder
• Working knowledge of filing and record retention systems.
• Willing to perform a variety of tasks and learn new skills
• Ability to travel to job sites for short trips
• Basic business knowledge (Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable etc.)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: North Dakota
Nearest Secondary Market: Dickinson
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Chemical Research, Document Control, Clerical, Engineer, Finance, Engineering, Administrative