Kiewit Corporation Early Career Design-Build Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, United States
Early Career Design-Build Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Apr 22, 2019
Location: Denver, CO - Woodcliff Lake, N, NJ, US
Requisition ID: 79962
Clients turn to Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams, improve scheduling, control costs, and minimize risk. We call it Construction-Driven Engineering. Our team performs and manages the design on infrastructure projects of all sizes throughout the company. Our staff collaborates with and leads design and construction teams to ensure safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
We have many opportunities across Canada and the United States for the right candidates in the fast-track design-build infrastructure industry. Working hard with us will bring you satisfaction from a job well done, and will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. We offer top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities.
Kiewit is a proud user of the InEight suite of project management tools (InEight.com) and is a founding member of the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA.org).
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking an Early Career Design-Build Engineer to support design-build infrastructure pursuits, projects, and project engineering. Design-Build infrastructure projects include transportation, transit, technical bridge, hydro-electric, and water/waste water projects. Assignments will vary and responsibilities may include construction engineering, design-build coordination, scheduling, estimating, and project controls.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understands the basics of construction sequencing, scheduling, and operations planning
• Participates in constructability reviews and design task forces to develop innovative solutions and minimize construction risks
• Assesses scope impact of potential design options
• Learns to estimate and track project quantities
• Understands temporary design requirements
• Understands contractual risks for operations and impacts of change on resources
• Acts in a professional manner in all matters
• Learns and applies KIE’s standard operating procedures
• Monitors budget and schedule for design deliverables
• Learns about project risk items and mitigation strategies
• Learns design and construction scheduling
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management, or related degree, or equivalent experience in a construction-related position
• 0-4 years of related professional experience in the infrastructure design or construction fields
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Basic CAD modeling experience is an asset.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Ability to travel as business requires (50-75%)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Design Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Engineering