Kiewit Corporation Structural Engineer Intern - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Structural Engineer Intern - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Apr 10, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78880
Our Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company is a multi-faceted and leading edge division of the company that offers a variety of services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new project pursuits in the United States and Canada. Our design services group has offices in Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, and Canada offering expertise in structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, and materials disciplines.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company has an opening for a Structural Design Engineer Intern for the summer of 2019. This Intern position provides a hands-on learning experience directly related to responsibilities that transfer to skills needed in a full-time position.
• Produce simple structural/bridge design calculations
• Review and check structural/bridge design calculations
• Analysis using structural engineering software
• Pursuing a degree in Structural Engineering or a related degree
• Be available for full-time work during the 2019 summer
• Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Be willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site, district office or department to which the intern is assigned
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Construction, Structural Engineer, Geology, Entry Level, Engineering