Kiewit Corporation Sr. Proposal Writer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Sr. Proposal Writer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Feb 13, 2020
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 91163
District Overview :
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers District, which includes proposals, structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Proposal Services (KIPS) provides best-in-class proposal support services to each of Kiewit’s 15 infrastructure districts. We are seeking a Senior Proposal Writer to participate in qualification and proposal document development, supporting Kiewit’s infrastructure districts across the United States and Canada.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office. Travel required up to 30%.
• Outstanding construction and engineering focused writing skills
• Gathers, analyzes, and composes complex technical information
• Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology
• Collaborates with Proposal Manager to develop plan for resource scheduling and logistics
• Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
• Organizes material and writes descriptive copy according to established standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
• Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators
• Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities
• Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections
• Translates complex ideas into easily understandable text
• Works independently to edit content from SMEs, confers with SMEs to ensure accuracy of edits, and progresses document independently
• Identifies potential issues/gaps in proposal sections/documents
• Works closely with graphic designers to layout narrative and graphics into sections
• Provides direction and oversight to entire writing team
• Ability to write concise, compelling and compliant text through interviews with subject matter experts
• Strong team leader who is self-motivated and has ability to work effectively with professionals from various backgrounds
• Action orientated – ability to take on challenges, effective problem-solving skills to develop issue resolution
• Strong writing skills including an understanding of the elements of style and English grammar
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - within core group and with internal and external clients
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and attentive listening skills
• Provide input and writing for best practices, style guides and templates
• Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality
• At least ten (10) years of experience in technical writing and editing for proposals and at least three (7) years of experience within the A/E/C (or related) industries.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or equivalent required. Construction Management or Engineering degree a plus.
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
Other common names for this role: Technical Writer, Writer
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, Proposal Writer, RFP, Engineer, Business Development, Sales, Engineering