Kiewit Corporation Sr. FP&A Analyst in Denver, Colorado
Sr. FP&A Analyst
Date: Aug 12, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 81063
This role is an experienced level role focused on providing timely and relevant analysis and operational financial reporting as well as supporting team development and individual growth for Kiewit’s infrastructure engineering group. Each project at Kiewit is run like a small business, with the Senior Business Manager assisting in providing oversight over all the group’s projects ensuring critical tasks such as accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), project financials, payroll, human resources, internal control and compliance are executed appropriately in order to compile complete and accurate analysis and operational financial reporting. The Senior Business Manager is expected to be skilled in executing these processes and utilizing the latest technology to analyze different types of revenue and cost components such as labor, expenses, construction equipment, materials, and subcontracts. This position is an owner of the month-end financial close process, the operational financial reporting package communicated to senior leaders and is integral in the overall success of the business management team.
• Prepare and maintain the monthly operational financial reporting package and related metrics utilizing SAP
• Prepare and maintain the annual financial forecast and related metrics utilizing SAP
• Assist in utilizing the reporting, forecasting, metrics and analyses noted above to drive financial and operational improvement through the District
• Understand AP, internal and external AR, revenue recognition, cost, cost adjustments, utilization, quantity claiming, forecasts, budgets, payroll and HR process workflows as well as the Company’s accounting systems and related data architecture and how those components can be utilized and affect monthly operational reporting and forecast packages and analyses noted above.
• Understand and implement Company operational financial reporting standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Apply, maintain and improve internal controls over operational financial reporting and forecasts, and build best practices for Home and/or Partner District personnel to utilize within their own areas of responsibility
• Implement data visualization and database tools to provide proactive analysis of financial results to assist District Management in making critical business decisions
• Assist in the implementation of process improvements within the processes noted above.
• Foster and leverage professional relationships with Home District, Partner District and Home Office personnel to effectively and efficiently complete tasks within your area of responsibility and provide best-in-class customer service to those personnel.
Experience & Requirements (Must Have):
• 6+ years’ experience in financial reporting and/or data analysis within a large (> $1 billion annual revenues), complex multinational organization
• Bachelor’s degree in:
o Analytics / Data Visualization / Statistics, or
• Expert knowledge utilizing complex ERP systems (SAP, Oracle) to prepare financial reporting and forecasts
• Advanced knowledge utilizing data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI) to present complex financial analyses
• Expert knowledge utilizing the Microsoft Office 365 software suite to prepare and/or supplement financial reporting, forecasts and analyses
• Ability to travel up to 20%
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Engineer, Chemical Research, ERP, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Technology