Kiewit Corporation Senior Structural Engineer - Bridge in Denver, Colorado
Senior Structural Engineer - Bridge
Date: Oct 21, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79596
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Position Summary :
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer for bridge and infrastructure construction projects in the KIE Englewood, Colorado office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and analysis tasks related to steel and concrete bridges, foundations, construction methods, and design reviews for conceptual and final designs. The Structural Design Engineer should have at least 15 years’ experience in engineering plan production, be highly technically competent and familiar with current tools/programs/software, and CADD production practices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities :
• Lead engineering and CADD teams in developing preliminary and final plans and details
• Develop task scopes, schedules and budgets for design deliverables for structural designs
• Identify and understand technical requirements of high-risk projects and implement engineering principles to develop solutions
• Develop design criteria, determine need for and establish project-specific design criteria
• Provide technical reviews at the conceptual and final design stages of project development
• Perform interdisciplinary reviews for coordination with other design disciplines and compliance with contract documents
• Lead technical meetings and discussions; and strategize solutions to complex or unique technical problems
• Identify and implement new technologies that provide a competitive advantage. Identify technical differentiators and develop schemes for key project pursuits
• Ensure all work is performed in compliance with Kiewit and/or project-specific Quality Management plans
Expertise Required :
• Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering
• 15+ years’ experience in relevant structural engineering design, with a bridge design emphasis
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in at least one state, with the ability to obtain registration in the state of Colorado
• Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles
• Experience with the design of multiple bridge types in concrete and steel, and knowledge of staged construction analysis.
• Experience with Design-Build delivery preferred
• Preferred experience with engineering design software, i.e. programs such as LUSAS, SOFiSTiK, MIDAS, etc.
• Experience with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, CAN/CSA S-6, and other North American design codes
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Ability to travel as business requires
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Structural Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Consulting, Quality Manager, Engineering, Technology, Quality