Kiewit Corporation Senior Highway Engineer - Civil in Denver, Colorado
Senior Highway Engineer - Civil
Date: Jul 3, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79430
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is currently seeking a Senior Highway Engineer with extensive roadway design experience to provide technical leadership, oversight and interdisciplinary coordination on complex highway design build projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage multiple technical teams working on pursuit and final design projects
• Perform technical review of design deliverables ensuring them meet project requirements
• Mentor junior staff with technical and professional development
• Design quality management plan champion for the civil design team
• Develop project budgets, schedules and staffing plans for KIE final design projects
• Assist senior management team in project selection and, technical risk assessment
• 11+ years of highway design experience with an emphasis on design-build
• Professional registration required
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, superelevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize.
• Knowledge of design software including MicroStation and AutoCAD
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• The ability to travel (up to 25%) across North America
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Quality Manager, Consulting, Engineering, Quality, Technology