Kiewit Corporation Senior Estimator in Denver, Colorado
Date: May 31, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78767
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,200 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is seeking a Sr Estimator on design-build infrastructure pursuits, and projects. Design-Build infrastructure projects include transportation, transit, technical bridge, hydro-electric, and water/waste water projects. The Sr Estimator will be responsible for evaluating the adequacy of design deliverables, assessing risk as it relates to scope growth and ensuring complete and accurate quantities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop complete estimates for large, complex infrastructure jobs
• Review estimates prepared by other estimating groups or JV partners to determine completeness of data used, procedures, and aid in resolving differences in bid items
• Perform risk assessments while evaluating the completeness of scope and quantities
• Ensure complete and accurate quantity take-offs
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate
• Reviews all bid and contract documents and other home office department opinions
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the construction industry
• Prepare special engineering studies or reports required by certain bid items or conditions
• Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
• Ensures compliance to KIE Design-Build Operations’ standard operating procedures and quality management plans.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil or construction-related technology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above
• At least seven years of related experience in civil construction
• Experienced in design-build infrastructure pursuits
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Must be willing to travel up to 25%
• Work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, Consulting, Quality Manager, Geology, Finance, Engineering, Technology, Quality