Kiewit Corporation Senior Drainage Designer in Denver, Colorado
Senior Drainage Designer
Date: Jun 16, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 73162
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers has an immediate opening for a dynamic seasoned CAD designer in our growing Hydraulics / Drainage Design Group based in Englewood, CO. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and CADD production tasks for infrastructure projects including: highway, rail, bridge, mining, power and dam projects and miscellaneous support for construction. The CAD Designer should have at least 10 years’ experience in engineering plan production, be familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and CAD production practices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The candidate will be part of a design team responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for Kiewit Construction Companies’ business including drainage design, preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. Key responsibilities include the following:
• In office work primarily
• Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design plans and details.
• Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
• Use Bentley Micro Station / AutoCAD, Geopak and 3D modeling software
• Produce documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Follow various DOT Standards and work with companies CAD Standards when applicable
• Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
• Software experience includes: Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak and Inroads
• Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in CAD production of highway and civil designs
• Design experience or Design-Build project experience a plus
• General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for drainage / highway / civil and other infrastructure work
• Read and understand construction documents
• Proficiency in MicroStation
• Knowledge in AutoCAD a plus
• Knowledge in Geopak a plus
• Drainage design experience a plus
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers, Designers and Constructors
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Engineer, Consulting, CAD, Drafting, Engineering, Technology