Kiewit Corporation Scheduling Manager - Central District in Denver, Colorado
Scheduling Manager - Central District
Date: Jul 5, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 80396
This position will be based out of Denver, Colorado. You must be willing to travel as business needs arise.
Kiewit’s Central District, one of Kiewit’s largest infrastructure districts, constructs and upgrades interstates, highways, bridges, airport runways, taxiways and associated facilities as a part of often challenging and one of a kind projects for our clients.
As a Scheduling Manager, you’ll play a key role in the development and maintenance of project schedules utilizing company/district standards and scheduling techniques. By analyzing and monitoring the project’s critical path, you’ll prepare reports, develop alternative solutions, and drive successful project completion.
• Work closely with project managers, engineers, designers, estimators, procurement staff, construction managers, contractors and other project services staff to provide detailed planning and scheduling of projects from conceptual planning through engineering and construction.
• Develop resource loaded schedules, including lists of activities, major milestones, critical approvals, long lead procurement items and other critical project deliverables to be scheduled and tracked for the projects.
• Develop schedule logic and constraints, realistic activity durations and available manpower and resources.
• Assess the impact(s) of design changes and schedule slippages and inform company management and clients of all schedule updates.
• Apply knowledge of engineering, procurement and construction terminology, work processes, and concepts to develop and maintain critic path logic networks; accumulate and access historical data for use in maintaining realistic future planning and forecasting.
• Provide guidance, direction and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems including time impact analysis. May interface with clients, attend regular meetings and give statistical reports.
• Prepare standard progress reports for each assigned project
• Read and interpret construction drawings and job specifications
• Confirm project status; identify and report on variations in the schedule in a timely manner
• Coordinate the development, maintenance, and review of discipline and project schedules
• Upload original and updated resources to reflect current status
• Maintain careful documentation of all schedule submittals and related facts, so that any requests for time adjustments can be measured against the accepted schedule in place at the time any delays or changes were experienced.
• Coordinate with project team to develop revision or recovery schedules as needed
• Prepare written narratives for all schedule submittals
• Track the contract document requirements for schedule adherence, as well as change orders and contract amendments
• Interpret performance curve data and forecast productivity; provide manpower information for forecasting
• Assist in bid schedule creation per client requirements
• Interface with clients, owners and representatives
• At least ten years’ construction scheduling experience, including three years of proven leadership experience directing scheduling functions
• Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc., plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units
• Working knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in the execution of various types of project (EPC, Joint Venture, Lump Sum, time and Material, Maintenance)
• Proficiency in various project controls software such as Excel, Primavera (P6), and other company-specific software
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, or engineering preferred. Technical training or related experience will also be considered.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, District Manager, Scheduler, Manager, Engineering, Management, Administrative, Customer Service