Kiewit Corporation Roadway Engineer Early Career - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Roadway Engineer Early Career - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Jun 25, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 80578
Kiewit Engineering Group , Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is the in-house engineering company of Kiewit. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services support Kiewit pre-bid, post-bid and through project completion. Design Engineering Services is comprised of professional engineers and designers with expertise in the disciplines of highways, structural, geotechnical, civil, hydraulics/drainage, rail, and materials (concrete and asphalt) that focuses on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. Whether engaged in the short-term to resolve an immediate issue, in the medium-term to challenge and collaborate with outside design teams, or for the entire project as Engineer of Record (EOR), KIE’s engineering professionals work side-by-side with the construction districts to optimize designs, identify and manage risk in cost, safety, quality, and schedule, and provide a unified, efficient approach to achieving project goals.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
The Early Career Transportation/Roadway position involves highway geometric design, roadway modeling, production of final plans and specifications, and traffic maintenance during construction. As an early career engineer you will work in a learning environment where you will be mentored by Professional Engineers and Technical Staff. You will be focusing on learning your skills in highway geometric design using CADD, particularly focusing on InRoads and Civil3D software.
Typical career paths within the roadway/civil discipline include but are not limited to Design Task Leadership, Project Management, Subject Matter Experts, and Team Leadership. You will be working directly in teams of 3-5 engineers and technical specialists.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, super elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Final design plan production
• Development of 3D models utilizing CADD
• Interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure those project elements are designed as an integrated unit
• Developing exhibits for meetings and proposals
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college
• 0-3 years of civil / highway design experience
• FE License (or ability to obtain)
• Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Preferred knowledge of Microstation, and InRoads
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The ability to travel (up to 10-25%) across North America
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Construction, Engineer, Consulting, Transportation, Engineering, Technology