Kiewit Corporation Rail/Transit Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Date: Dec 1, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 72508
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Mid-Level Rail/Transit Engineer to join our Permanent Design team. Responsibilities would include performing engineering and design services to prepare calculations, plans, and specifications for rail and transit related projects including elevated and underground stations and guideways for new and rehabilitation type projects. The successful candidate would be able to manage a subtask of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual requirements, as well as have responsibility for completing the technical engineering functions of the project including: coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop the scope of work for engineering tasks, design schedules and budgets for assigned project elements; monitor progress against schedule and budget requirements; and identify and document changes in scope
• Assist in determining the scope of work for procurement of materials and equipment, procurement schedules and budgets for assigned project buy outs; monitor progress to maintain those procurements; and interface with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process
• Coordinate work between engineers and other interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project
• Coordinate the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company
• Assist the Senior Engineer in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study
• Assist in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project
• Ensure client criteria and scope is met by all engineering disciplines
• Expedite distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Senior Engineer
• Prepare technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management
• Obtain, analyze, and circulate technical and contractual information to project disciplines
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• 5 - 10 years' experience with focus on rail transit engineering
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree.
• Knowledge of current codes and industry standards including AREMA, TCRP, and AASHTO
• Professional Engineering License (or ability to obtain).
• Proficient in developing CAD design models
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Geology, Engineering