Kiewit Corporation Quality Manager (P.E.) - Central in Denver, Colorado
Quality Manager (P.E.) - Central
Date: Nov 12, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 74224
Kiewit’s Central District, one of Kiewit’s largest infrastructure districts, constructs and upgrades interstates, highways, bridges, airport runways, taxiways and associated facilities.
As a Quality Manager with Central District you will provide the leadership that drives the overall success of the quality program to ensure that the product meets all standards and requirements listed in the Project Quality Plan. This position is designed to be a mid-career manager that works with minimal supervision, while taking the lead in managing all Quality Assurance and Quality Control on the project site.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the overall program management, and is responsible for developing the Project Quality Plan, goals and objectives. With increased experience, a Quality Manager may be required to develop new systems, assist in proposals, and implement new programs across the project.
As a Quality Manager you will contribute directly to the success of the project team by performing these essential duties:
• Develop a quality plan that meets the project requirements and implements the program for the project.
• Actively monitor the work planning process to ensure the required quality inspections, tests and documentation are identified. Ensures proper work planning processes are deployed.
• Work closely with all subcontractors and suppliers to review and approve subcontractor and supplier quality plans. Reviews documents for compliance with contract quality requirements and monitors quality performance.
• Manage the scheduling of inspections and tests to support the production schedule. Understands the 3-week and 90-day schedule to identify and anticipate needs. Sets expectations and holds the quality team accountable for timely and accurate inspections to meet production schedule.
• Assist in the interpretation of applicable construction codes and standards and plan with the operations team how to meet future requirements. Lead training that is focused on preventing quality issues before they occur.
• Train the project team on the requirements of the project quality plan. Ensure processes are deployed and executed.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with client to review the quality of the work and effectiveness of the program on the project.
• Set the expectation and hold the project team accountable for the self-inspection of their work. Ensure hold points are identified and enforced. Manage the records that are required to document self-inspections.
• Take responsibility for managing all costs associated with inspection and testing. Ensure the work performed and billed for is in accordance with written agreements. Maintain communications and relationships with the management of the third party firms. Monitor and manage the costs of third party inspection and tests.
• Ensure all quality issues are properly reported and classified. Identify and report to management, trends in deficient and nonconforming work. Perform causal analysis to develop improvement plans and monitor the solutions for effectiveness.
• Actively seek client feedback on project quality performance. Maintains exceptional level of trust and transparency. Anticipates client concerns before they occur. Works with the client and project management team to effectively address or prevent specific concerns.
• Is recognized as an active participant in the project management team. Participates in meetings, help prevent or resolve issues.
• Regularly conduct root cause analysis and corrective action on repetitive or significant quality issues. Engages the project team in identifying solutions to prevent future recurrence.
• Coordinate system turnover activities with startup and commissioning teams. Assist with training the project team (operations and client) on the project closeout plan. Works with the project team to help ensure closeout requirements are communicated starting at the work planning process.
• Develop future leaders by mentoring and coaching quality professionals. Hire, train, mentor and supervise project quality personnel and provide input on compensation.
• Coordinate Quality staffing needs on the project with the District Quality Manger and assign qualified personnel.
• Facilitate the project quality kick-off and pre-job planning meetings, assuring district quality policies and procedures are followed. Set up the project quality department.
• Facilitate quality walk-arounds and quality plan implementation reviews to status the program effectiveness.
• Self-starter with organizational, managerial and leadership skills.
• Bachelors Degree in engineering, science or relevant technical degree preferred
• Eight years of experience in a related construction field (at least two of these years in a Quality Manager position)
• Candidate must have P.E.
• Broad working knowledge of all trades, disciplines and associated special processes, inspection and testing techniques.
• Working knowledge of construction industry codes, standards, and jurisdictional requirements (ACI, AWS, ASME, NEC, etc.) associated with the work.
• Certifications from AWS, API, ACI, ICBO, ASNT, NACE, etc. are advantageous.
Top Candidates will have:
• Desire to be involved in every aspect of the overall project to ensure that it meets or exceeds the client’s requirements
• Attention to detail
• Professional manor
• Adaptability to learn in new situations
• Drive to pursue advanced certifications from professional organizations
• Flexibility and drive to do what it takes to get the job done!
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Program Manager, Manager, Inspector, Quality, Engineering, Management