Kiewit Corporation Quality Inspector - Central in Denver, Colorado
Quality Inspector - Central
Date: Jun 30, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79422
This role with initially be supporting Kiewit’s Central District on the C70 Project in Denver Colorado. Ideal candidates will be open to relocation across the US.
Kiewit Central District specializes in heavy civil, transportation projects and self performs much of the work done, so be ready to get on a project and get your hands dirty! We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
As a Quality Inspector with Kiewit’s Central District you will provide inspections across a variety of disciplines (Traffic, Civil/Earthwork, Structures) to ensure that our Project meets the Standard Specifications and the Project Agreement.
• Provide system quality control support by conducting inspections and testing on civil, structural, and electrical components.
• Promptly complete scheduled inspections and tests as required
• Support team members in their roles as a program focal point for quality assurance, acting as a liaison with other functional departments.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule as they relate to his/her specific assignment.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Assist with identifying and reporting rework and non-conforming issue.
• Self-starter with exceptional organization and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of the specific trade of discipline (i.e. civil, structural, electrical) as assigned, with associated special processes, inspection and testing techniques
• Background in Traffic, Civil/Embankment/Civil or Structural Concrete inspection
• Working knowledge of construction industry codes relating to area of expertise (i.e. CDOT, ACI, AASHTO, ASTM, etc.)
• High school graduate or equivalent (GED) plus four years’ experience in a related construction field (at least two of these years in a QA/QC position) OR an Associate degree in engineering technology or science plus one year of experience in a related construction field (at least one of these years in a QA/QC position)
• Testing certifications issued from ACI, WAQTC, LABCAT, PCI, NEC, or NICET and proficiency in CDOT Test Methods preferred
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Inspection, Electrical, Chemical Research, Engineer, Engineering, Quality