Kiewit Corporation Purchasing Agent III - Kiewit Supply Network in Denver, Colorado
Purchasing Agent III - Kiewit Supply Network
Date: Jan 28, 2020
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 83263
The Kiewit Supply Network group specializes in providing comprehensive procurement services to clients across the construction and engineering industries in multiple markets, including transportation; water/wastewater; power; oil, gas and chemical; building; and mining. Our key objectives are to offer clients a world-class service focused on ensuring equipment, materials and services are consistently estimated and procured at the right price. We strive to offer an appropriate level of quality and ensure materials and services are delivered on schedule and in compliance with the client’s specifications and expectations.
• Complete project planning for estimating and procurement execution.
• Lead the evaluation and monitoring of supplier performance to ensure compliance with
obligations and determine needs for changes.
• Leverage suppliers/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to
• Purchase the highest quality materials and services at the lowest possible cost in correct
amounts per specifications and drawings.
• Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procedures are followed.
• Actively develop budgets, schedules and performance plans to meet customer and company
goals and objectives.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability,
reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered
• Prepare/issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate supplier/subcontractor proposals to
identify suppliers/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule at the
estimating, execution and site purchasing levels.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of
database utilization. SAP Experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, construction
management or equivalent degree.
• At least five years’ experience in an engineering and/or construction related role.
• Advanced knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating,
expediting, offsite supplier quality and site purchasing.
• Ability to lead teams of two to three purchasing agents, provide feedback and assist in employee
• Strong ability to collaborate with peers and internal customers.
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
• Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Network, Supply, ERP, Engineer, Purchasing, Technology, Operations, Engineering, Finance