Kiewit Corporation Proposals Water Market Lead in Denver, Colorado
Proposals Water Market Lead
Date: Mar 15, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79256
Reporting to the Proposals Director, the Proposals Market Lead - Water will oversee the pursuit process and proposal best practices for their designated market within the Kiewit Energy Group. This position is the point person for all proposal activity in the water market, including overseeing proposal reviews and ensuring proposals are responsive to client needs. The candidate must be a self-motivated, team player with excellent written and oral communication skills, deadline driven, and can work under pressure. In this role, the individual is responsible for responding to bid solicitations from potential/current clients which requires a combination of technical aptitude, technical and/or proposal writing experience, and the ability to learn and understand new concepts quickly.
• Responsible for the development of all proposals in the Water Market
• Work closely with the Water Market pursuit/program lead on major strategic pursuit or program efforts to frame the strategy, win themes, differentiators, and potential teaming decisions, within the overall context of the business line’s value propositions
• Leading proposals as assigned by the proposal director
• Acting as point person with business development and operations for their specific market’s proposals
• Review of proposals for their market and providing feedback during the proposal review
• Ensures proposals are responsive to the client’s needs with compelling responses that incorporate win strategy, proposal themes and key differentiators
• Supervising several key positions, including the Proposal Coordinators and Specialists
• Manages internal business development process
• Attending weekly market BD calls
• Attending strategy sessions that take place prior to assignment of a proposal coordinator/specialist
• 5+ years of proposal coordinator experience in Energy industry with an emphasis on $100+ million projects
• History of working on Energy related pursuits, such as power, industrial or oil, gas and chemical.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, English, Construction Management or equivalent required
• Possess excellent leadership, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization and active listening skills
• Strong emotional intelligence
• Good interviewing and editing/writing skills
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to manage multiple projects to consistently meet high standards and be attentive to quality
• Driven for results and deadlines
• High proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Developer, Business Development, Marketing Communications, Engineering, Technology, Sales, Marketing