Kiewit Corporation Proposal Writer/Coordinator - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Proposal Writer/Coordinator - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Feb 14, 2020
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 91206
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers District, which includes proposals, structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Proposal Services (KIPS) provides best-in-class proposal support services to each of Kiewit’s 15 infrastructure districts. We are seeking a Proposal coordinator/writer to write, edit, and coordinate development of non-technical and technical sections for proposals ranging in value from $50M to over $1B in project value. The candidate must have experience in interviewing subject matter experts to gather non-technical and technical data, and have a strong focus on compliance of written text to RFP requirements, as well as incorporating strategic messaging. May also help the Proposal Manager coordinate the production of proposal sections.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office.
• Works under direction of District Proposal Manager
• Develops/coordinates proposal sections that are compliant with client’s objectives and requirements and consistent with proposing entity’s approach and strategy
• Develops, edits, implements style guides for proposals and other deliverables
• Has solid interviewing skills and works well with technical and non-technical SMEs to gather data and write compliant, compelling proposal content
• Understands and applies proposal methods and tools, consistently implements standard processes
• Participates in strategy and storyboarding sessions, assists incorporating this data into deliverable documents
• Assists Proposal Manager in preparing for proposal kick-off meetings, milestone reviews and recovery periods
• Assists in developing and maintaining best practices and templates, data platform and style guides
• 3+ years of proposal writing experience in Engineering/Construction or similar industry
• Prior exposure to construction management practices
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, English, or equivalent
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization and active listening skills
• Ability to balance and successfully complete multiple tasks simultaneously
• Solid communication skills both within core group and with internal clients
• Strong interviewing and editing/writing skills: thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and composition as well as writing, editing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to deliver quality work that consistently meets requirements and deadlines
• A focus on teamwork – ability to continually listen, collaborate, and communicate among colleagues, internal customers, and team partners
Other common names for this role: Proposal assistant, bid proposal assistant, bid proposal coordinator, marketing coordinator
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, Proposal Writer, RFP, Engineer, Construction, Sales, Engineering