Kiewit Corporation Proposal Writer/Coordinator - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Proposal Writer/Coordinator - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: May 11, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79566
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers District, which includes proposals, structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Proposal Writer/Coordinator to participate in solicitation response document development, supporting Kiewit’s infrastructure districts across the United States and Canada. Primary role is focused on proposal writing with some coordination responsibilities.
• Strong interviewing and editing/writing skills: thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and composition as well as writing, editing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• Talent and expertise to interview SME(s) and conduct research necessary to produce accurate, comprehensive content/documents for technical and non-technical topics
• Ability to develop project-specific style guides as well as edit content against prescribed requirements and department style standards.
• Ability to work with different personalities in construction and engineering industries
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to consistently meet high standards and be attentive to quality
• Understands and applies proposal methods and tools, consistently implements standard processes
• Participates in strategy and storyboarding sessions, assists incorporating this data into deliverable documents
• Driven for results and to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team with other writers, proposal staff, and technical/operations staff
• Interview estimate and design teams/subject matter experts (SMEs) to generate original construction/engineering-based technical and non-technical content
• Develop content that is compliant with solicitation requirements
• Create, assimilate, and convey technical and non-technical material in a concise and effective manner
• Assist Proposal Manager with proposal coordination, including creation and updates to compliance matrix, schedules, style guides, and other tools
• Assist Proposal Manager in review of sections for compliance prior to color reviews
• Provide copy, technical edits, and creative edits of in-process and production versions of proposal documents, and provide solutions for re-writes
• Manage deadlines and responsibilities assigned through responsibility matrix
• Provide input for best practices, style guides and templates
• Assist in the development of supporting materials (illustrations, tables, etc.)
• Accurately and proactively report on the status of assignments.
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
• At least five (5) years of experience in technical writing and editing for proposals or similar documents and at least three (3) years of experience within the A/E/C (or related) industries.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or equivalent required
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Creative Programs, specifically InDesign
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, Proposal Writer, RFP, Engineer, Construction, Sales, Engineering