Kiewit Corporation Proposal Manager - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Proposal Manager - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Feb 13, 2020
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 91165
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers District, which includes proposals, structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Proposal Services (KIPS) provides best-in-class proposal support services to each of Kiewit’s 15 infrastructure districts. We are seeking a Proposal Manager to support or lead the pursuit process and manage teams to successfully deliver targeted strategic proposals while implementing best practices. Effectively collaborates with pursuit management team to develop and implement proposal management plan and leads proposal team in the development of comprehensive, compliant, compelling proposal deliverables in a strict deadline-driven environment.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office. Travel required up to 30%.
• Develop and manage pursuit process and Proposal Management Plan with pursuit capture manager, lead estimator, and partners
• Participate in upfront strategy/capture process with Business Line Management team
• Analyze and interpret solicitation documents and requirements (RFQ, RFI, RFP) to create comprehensive response templates (compliance matrix, proposal outlines, schedule)
• Develop responsibility/compliance matrix with pursuit team defining roles and assignments of each resource to ensure compliant proposal
• Assess level of effort for pursuits and personnel resourcing needs to effectively manage proposal development phase
• Lead proposal development meetings including kickoff, milestone reviews/recovery, and lessons learned
• Provide direction to pursuit team including schedule management, compliance oversight, writing instructions, and team guidance throughout the proposal development phase
• Facilitate strategy and storyboarding sessions with pursuit team members and SMEs, work with writers and designers to incorporate strategy into proposal. Translate the win strategy into key themes and drive them into proposal sections through a disciplined process that articulates compelling messages with benefits statements, graphics, and proofs
• Brainstorm and collaborate with graphic designers on visually persuasive technical and informational graphics
• Review/author material for sections throughout proposal development phase
• Perform final review of all required elements for proposal submission to confirm delivery of compliant, compelling, and comprehensive response
• Develop and maintain best practices and templates, data platform, and style guides
• Coordinate with graphic designers in development of production plan/process
• At least five (5) years of proposal management experience in A/E/C industry with an emphasis on $100+ million qualifications-based/design-build, design-build-operate-maintain, and CM/GC projects
• History of working on large design/construction projects, including transportation-, Federal- and water/wastewater- based pursuits
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, English, Construction Management or equivalent required. Graduate level degree preferred.
• Solid understanding of Shipley method of proposal development
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InCopy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - within core group and with internal and external clients
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and attentive listening skills
• Ability to prioritize and delegate effectively to successfully complete multiple tasks concurrently
• Strong emotional intelligence and ability to work collaboratively with multiple personalities
• Strong writing skills including an understanding of the elements of style and English grammar
• Ability to write concise, compelling and compliant text through interviews with subject matter experts
• Strong team leader who is self-motivated and has ability to work effectively with professionals from various backgrounds
• Action orientated – ability to take on challenges, effective problem-solving skills to develop issue resolution
• Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and meet high standards and be attentive to quality
• Ability to deliver quality work and results in a strict deadline-driven environment
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, RFP, Engineer, Construction, Consulting, Sales, Engineering, Technology