Kiewit Corporation Proposal Manager - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Proposal Manager - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Jul 9, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78528
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers District, which includes proposals, structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Position Summary :
Proposal Manager to support the pursuit process and manage teams to successfully deliver targeted, strategic proposals while implementing best practices. Works with District to develop and implement proposal management plan, and leads proposal team in developing compliant, compelling proposal deliverables.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage Proposal Management Plan with District’s capture manager, lead estimator and partners
• Assess level of effort for pursuits and resourcing of personnel from KIEPS, Kiewit districts and external partners
• Develop, implement, and communicate pursuit schedule, identifying interim deadlines and key milestones, to all resources assigned to proposal
• Develop responsibility/compliance matrix with pursuit team defining roles and assignments of each resource on effort to ensure compliant proposal
• Facilitate strategy and storyboarding sessions with district leaders, work with writers and designers to incorporate strategy into proposal
• Lead proposal development meetings including kickoff, milestone reviews and lessons learned
• Develop and maintain best practices and templates, data platform and style guides
• Brainstorm with graphic designers the technical and informational graphics with visual persuasion
• Coordinate with designers in development of production plan/process
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
• At least 5+ years of proposal management experience in A/E/C industry with an emphasis on $100+ million qualifications-based/design-build, design-build-operate-maintain, and CM/GC projects
• History of working on large design/construction projects, including transportation-, Federal- and water/wastewater- based pursuits
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, English, Construction Management or equivalent required. Graduate level degree preferred.
• Understanding of Shipley method of proposal development
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, InCopy
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization and active listening skills
• Strong emotional intelligence and ability to work collaboratively with multiple personalities
• Strong writing skills including an understanding of the elements of style and English grammar
• Ability to write compelling and compliant text through interviews with subject matter experts
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to manage multiple projects to consistently meet high standards and be attentive to quality
• Driven for results and deadlines
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, RFP, Construction, Engineer, Consulting, Sales, Engineering, Technology