Kiewit Corporation Project Controls Manager in Denver, Colorado
Project Controls Manager
Date: Dec 6, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 81070
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 135 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Project Controls Manager in the Englewood, Colorado office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform working application of Earned Value Management and an ability to apply a logical progression of construction knowledge in infrastructure work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities: • Lead a team of schedulers, takeoff leads and cost analysts at the project level.
• Provide timely and accurate project controls reporting and communication to management for large design build infrastructure projects.
• Quantity Tracking: Manage quantity take-offs of structural & civil drawings to support earned value and material purchasing. Develop key performance indicators and compare current progress to baseline historical data to study variances. Provide visibility to changes in quantities from estimate through project completion and be able to communicate how those changes impact construction, and engineering.
• Schedule: Oversee the creation of and updates to an integrated design build infrastructure schedule in Primavera P6. Work with the scheduler to load resources, maintain labor hour forecasts, and report schedule variances per established deadlines. Prepare, review, and update weekly/monthly progress reporting that includes earned value schedule progress, schedule forecasting, and executive Management Summaries.
• Reporting: Responsible for development and standardization of controls reporting. Communicates all reporting to project level management.
• Data Integrity: Manages all data into software systems, ensuring all data quality control systems are compliant. Audit quantity tracking databases.
• Assist in training and indoctrination of new Project Controls Managers
• Undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering or related discipline
• 5 years of construction experience in infrastructure. Project controls experience is preferred but not required.
• Ability to analytically solve problems and a willingness to utilize new software and technology in job duties.
• Advanced usage of Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Access/SQL, Power BI and/or Tableau is a plus.
• The ability to travel (up to 25%)
• Military veterans are encouraged to apply. Military experience will be considered in lieu of direct construction experience.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Chemical Research, Geology, Transportation, Engineering, Technology