Kiewit Corporation Project Controls Analyst in Denver, Colorado
Project Controls Analyst
Date: Apr 27, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79762
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers are seeking a Project Controls Analyst with specific responsibility for project controls in the Englewood, Colorado office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform working application of Earned Value Management and an ability to apply a logical progression of construction knowledge in infrastructure work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Providing and/or overseeing critical path method scheduling (via Primavera) for construction projects.
• Develop, update and maintain resource loaded project schedules that are fully integrated with Kiewit Infrastructure Engineer’s construction partner. Organize and document project planning sessions.
• Coordination with project teams, as needed, to analyze delays and impacts to the project schedule.
• Merge project schedule with engineering deliverables stored in the project database, with continued maintenance throughout the job.
• Develop and publish monthly deliverable curves and graphs.
• Develop and maintain budget and cost reports, earned value analyses, and resource planning and allocation.
• Compile summary level project reports for management.
• Analyze project controls data to assist project manager in directing project activities. Assist in the tracking of project change orders and development of projections.
• Assist project managers with development of project procedures.
• Travel to jobsites on occasion to participate in project status updates.
• Provide analysis and feedback regarding project closeout information to the business development department.
• Assist in developing projections for projects.
• Utilize the quality assurance manual.
• Knowledge of project management software such as Primavera, Excel, Word and Access
• 5 + years’ experience in Project Controls
• The ability to travel
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related degree
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated work ethic
• Knowledge of database management and support
• Knowledge of reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
• Knowledgeable regarding project management principles
• High degree of confidentiality and integrity with sensitive information
• Comfortable in a project leadership role, including calling and managing a meeting, and making decisions with regards to project budget and schedule
• The ability to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
• Occasional extended assignments at other sites are possible
• Ability to relocate based on business needs
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Geology, Transportation, Business Development, Engineering, Technology, Sales