Kiewit Corporation Mine Engineering Manager in Denver, Colorado
Mine Engineering Manager
Date: Mar 20, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 77765
• Report directly to Mine Manager
• Understand and follow all federal, state, as well as company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
• Responsible for managing development of annual budgets including cost and financial analysis.
• Lead long/short range equipment planning, scheduling and budgeting.,
• Responsible for managing regulatory permitting personnel.
• Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
• Mentor, train and supervise new engineers.
• Understand and promote process improvement and change initiatives.
• Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree is preferred. Five or more additional years of field related experience in surface mining operations is required.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in Mining Engineer leadership.
• Participative experience in mining operations safety.
• Willingness and ability to travel to or relocate, long term, to job sites.
• Field environment; subject to heat and cold conditions; regularly sit, stand, walk on uneven terrain and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Manager, Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Management