Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Structural Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Mid-Level Structural Engineer
Date: Jun 26, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 80051
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Mid-Level Structural Design Engineer for our Construction Engineering Services (CES) in the KIE Englewood, Colorado office. Looking for the ideal candidate to have the ability to grow within the CES Engineering team with scheduling out tasks, structural calculations, quantities calculations, cost estimates, and risk mitigation. The Structural Design Engineer should have at least 5 years’ experience in engineering plan production, be technically advanced and familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and Structural codes.
Our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group provides value to the success of our clients’ projects by designing and building temporary works. Additionally, CES provides on-site engineering and coordination support for critical projects to help build Kiewit projects safety, on-time, and within budget.
The engineering design tasks our Construction Engineering Services group performs to help Kiewit build projects include: Access for personnel and equipment, cofferdams, crane barges, critical crane lifts, custom equipment, fabrics structures, fall protection systems, falsework/formwork, hoisting and jacking systems, staged construction analysis, rebar cages support, temporary bridges, trestles, work platforms, gangways, tower cranes, and custom tools.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design of temporary structures including: falsework, support of excavation systems, temporary bridges, trestles, and other features relating to our construction operations
• Perform calculations and structural designs
• Ensure accuracy of the design drawings
• Produce quantities and cost estimates
• Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to codes, design criteria, and structural theories
• Capable of transferring structural design and ideas to contract drawings
• Help identify design risks and assist with risk mitigation planning
• Other responsibilities could include: heavy lift planning, evaluation of existing structures for construction loads, erection procedures or planned sequences related to our construction operations
• Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering
• Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred
• 5 - 10 years of relevant engineering experience
• Professional Engineer licensure or eligibility within the United States
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering
• Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage; this includes AutoCAD, BlueBeam, MathCAD, Navisworks, RISA-3D etc.
• Experience with working in a team setting
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Structural Engineer, Consulting, Geology, Engineering, Technology