Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Structural CADD Designer - Bridge in Denver, Colorado
Mid-Level Structural CADD Designer - Bridge
Date: May 8, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79469
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Position Summary :
Kiewit Engineering Group is seeking a Mid-Level Bridge Designer for bridge and infrastructure construction projects in the Englewood, Colorado office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and detailing tasks related to concrete and steel bridges, construction methods, and CADD production of conceptual and final design plans. The Structural Designer should have at least 5 years’ experience in plan production, be highly technically competent, and familiar with current tools/programs/software.
Key Duties & Responsibilities :
• Working with engineering team to develop preliminary and final design bridge plans and details
• Detailing of structural elements, including concrete reinforcement and steel connections
• Using MicroStation, AutoCAD, and 3D modeling software to develop bridge plans
• Producing reinforcement barlists, engineering reports, models, exhibits, etc.
• Assisting Senior Designers and Engineers with QC reviews of drawing packages
• Leading a design tasks and providing guidance to others
• Meeting project schedule requirements and deadlines; communicating progress with task lead
• Ensuring all work is performed in compliance with Kiewit and/or project-specific standards and Quality Management plans
Expertise Required :
• 5-10 years’ experience in CAD production of structural designs and plan sets
• 1+ years’ project leadership experience a plus but not required
• Associate Degree preferred
• General knowledge of engineering principles and structural materials
• Ability to understand construction documents and design standards
• Background in bridge design and construction preferred
• Must be highly proficient with MicroStation or AutoCAD; both preferred
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products, Bluebeam and ProjectWise
• Knowledge of 3D modeling preferred
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with engineers and designers
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
• Capable of recognizing discrepancies with strong attention to detail
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Quality Manager, CAD, Drafting, Engineering, Technology, Quality