Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Proposal Coordinator *Energy Market in Denver, Colorado
Mid-Level Proposal Coordinator *Energy Market
Date: Dec 5, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 77940
The Kiewit Energy Group Proposal Team has an exciting immediate career opportunity for a dynamic Proposal Coordinator. Our expanding firm is seeking a talented, diligent, and highly motivated proposal coordinator, whose responsibilities will encompass developing high quality proposal/qualification packages and other proposal materials under a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
The qualified candidate should have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience working in a proposals environment, preferably in the Energy or Industrial markets.
The Proposal Coordinator, under general direction, is accountable for proposal activities that support selling efforts, consistent with the Kiewit Energy’s strategic plan and goals. The position will participate in the overall proposal process including win and proposal strategy planning, content development, internal review, production, submittal, and performance analysis. The Proposal Coordinator collaborates with business development managers, operations sponsors, technical specialists, and other team members to prepare responsive, compelling proposal responses. Typical proposals range from $20M to over $1B in contract size.
• Reviews RFP, RFI, RFQ and bid/qualifications request documents so that client requirements are clearly understood for the team.
• Manages proposal processes including the development of a requirements matrix, features/benefits/proofs, section directives, oral technical presentations, graphics, storyboard mock-up, reviews, production, and delivery
• Candidates must also be able to help develop, write and incorporate win themes and discriminators into proposal documents and provide quality assurance checks to ensure that all document deliverables are compliant with RFP requirements
• Develops/coordinates proposal sections that are compliant with client’s objectives and requirements and consistent with proposing entity’s approach and strategy
• Develops, edits, implements style guides and templates for proposals and other deliverables
• Has solid interviewing skills and works well with technical and non-technical SMEs to gather data and write compliant, compelling proposal content
• Develops templates, style guides, and other coordination documents as necessary for each proposal, including Sharepoint proposal collaboration sites.
• Lead and participate in proposal kick-off meetings, proposal updates and milestone reviews to ensure proposal is progressing aligned with the timeline.
• Understands and implements the Kiewit Energy Group Proposal Standard Operation Procedures.
• Conduct post-proposal debriefing analysis and manage boilerplate libraries for various lines of business. Work with subject matter experts throughout the company to ensure boilerplate is accurate and up to date, including experience project profiles, resumes and key proposal sections.
• Support marketing projects as needed, such as presentations, marketing collateral development, etc.
• BA/BS in Business, Communication, Journalism, or English (will consider other majors as well)
• At least 3 years of related experience in proposals, preferably in the Energy or Industrial market.
• Excellent technical writing and editing skills; technical writing background a plus.
• Demonstrated training and experience in formal proposal management processes
• Proven experience in managing the full proposal lifecycle and a track record of results
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio and SharePoint. Proficiency in the Adobe InDesign preferred. Experience with Cosential or similar CRM software is a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, dynamic environment.
• Solid communication skills both within core group and with internal client
• Strong interviewing and editing/writing skills: thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and composition as well, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to deliver quality work that consistently meets requirements and deadlines
• A focus on teamwork – ability to continually listen, collaborate, and communicate among colleagues, internal customers, and team partners
• Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal capabilities.
• Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
• Meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, RFP, Engineer, Business Development, Developer, Sales, Engineering, Technology