Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Graphic Designer in Denver, Colorado
Mid-Level Graphic Designer
Date: Mar 14, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79563
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers District, which includes proposals, structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Proposal Services (KIEPS) is seeking a Mid-Level Graphic Designer to participate on proposal efforts and internal marketing pursuits. Each District will maintain the win strategy and this role supports that process.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with proposal team to develop and streamline theme and creative design (including team logos, mood boards, templates, layout, covers, tabs, packaging, etc.)
• Develop graphic design solutions to support in the production of winning proposals
• Provide persuasion through layout, infographics, technical and nontechnical graphics
• Knowledge and experience in publishing and production of documents
• Ability to recognize areas in proposals to assign graphics
• Manage deadlines and responsibilities assigned through responsibility matrix
• Provide input and graphics for best practices, style guides and templates
• Work with printing vendors
• Provide input on changes occurring in the graphic design industry regarding hardware, software and related computer programs.
• 5-10 years’ graphics experience in A/E/C industry with an emphasis on $50+ million qualifications-based/design-build
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• Undergraduate degree in graphic design, technical illustration, communication or equivalent required
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat
• Exceptional working experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Outstanding creative talent with attention to detail, accuracy and content
• Ability to work with different personalities in construction and engineering industry
• Ability to manage multiple projects to consistently meet high standards and be attentive to quality
• Driven for results and deadlines
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Geology, Transportation, Business Development, Engineering, Technology, Sales