Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer
Date: Jan 7, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 75466
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer to work on engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation’s business across the US and Canada. The primary duties of this engineer will include geotechnical engineering efforts in support of infrastructure transportation design-build project in the proposal stage or following award. As, such, a strong technical background and excellent communication skills as well as an ability to work well in a team environment are considered critical to this position.
The Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer will work with an interdisciplinary team that includes structural, roadway, drainage and materials engineers as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals to perform engineering analyses and design. The Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer will be involved in geotechnical engineering analyses and the production of engineering reports including supervising geotechnical staff involved in field exploration programs or other geotechnical engineering assignments.
*This position requires travel to project offices and work sites.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer will utilize geotechnical engineering knowledge to complete technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business
• Project support during the proposal/bid phase working with various team members to identify and evaluate innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical problems and challenges
• Working with the pursuit team during the proposal/bid phase to help identify key design risks and develop plans to mitigate risks
• Working on design-build projects developing design recommendations and producing design deliverables
• Train and develop staff engineers
• Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent experience is required
• 5+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering
• Experience in various aspects of geotechnical engineering such as: design of deep foundations, shallow foundations, evaluating slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, earth retention, rock mechanics, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation and dewatering
• Experience working in a team setting
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to travel to project sites
• Design-Build experience, preferred
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Construction, Engineer, Geology, Transportation, Engineering