Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer
Date: Jul 3, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79451
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineers to join our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group in the Denver, CO and Omaha, NE offices. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to grow within our highly technical team. The Geotechnical Engineer should have at least 5 years of experience, be technically advanced and familiar with current technology and software.
Our CES group provides value to the success of Kiewit projects by designing temporary works which are critical to safe execution of our work, quality project design, cost control, and construction excellence. The CES group provides engineering support on Kiewit projects which include: earthwork; support of excavation (sheet pile/soldier pile and lagging walls); gravity earth retaining structures; mechanically stabilized earth walls; soil nail design; slope stability analysis; settlement analysis; deep and shallow foundations; construction dewatering; pile driving analysis; ground improvement; heavy equipment and crane working surface design; and on-site engineering support.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Embrace a culture of safety and quality
• Apply in depth knowledge of geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, rock mechanics, groundwater hydrology, and geotechnical design to support heavy civil construction
• Work on interdisciplinary teams that may include structural engineers, estimators, schedulers or construction experts to provide technical guidance on construction methodology, geotechnical risk, and the design of temporary works
• Produce engineering reports, drawings, and detailed calculation packages summarizing each engineering assessment of work currently being built
• Provide geotechnical support during bid-phase to help identify geotechnical risks and develop mitigation plans and innovative solutions
• Master of Science degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering; or equivalent experience required
• 5 to 10 years of post-graduate experience
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering
• Experience with support of excavation, earth retention, slope stability, rock mechanics, soft soils, seismic loading, ground improvement, deep and shallow foundations, and dewatering is an asset
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Ability to travel to project sites and/or relocate based on business needs
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Engineer, Construction, Consulting, Geology, Engineering, Technology