Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Drainage Designer in Denver, Colorado
Mid-Level Drainage Designer
Date: Nov 1, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79567
Kiewit Engineering Group is a full-service construction driven engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,200 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on design expertise, value engineering, constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure best value project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Denver-based Infrastructure Permanent Design Department is comprised of professional engineers and designers with expertise in civil, roadway, drainage/hydraulics, structural, geotechnical, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines. This team has best-in-class technical expertise and is focused on the design-build delivery of Kiewit’s infrastructure projects.
Our involvement in projects varies from partnering with outside firms to leading design as the engineer of record, but our mission remains unchanged: collaborate with Kiewit’s construction teams and bring a construction-driven engineering focus to produce safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture of training and skills development will prepare you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
KIE has an immediate opening for a dynamic Mid-Level CAD designer in our growing Hydraulics / Drainage Design Group based in Englewood, CO. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and CADD production tasks for infrastructure projects including: highway, rail, bridge, mining, power and dam projects and miscellaneous support for construction. The CAD Designer should have at least 5 years’ experience in engineering plan production, be familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and CAD production practices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities: The candidate will be part of a design team responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for Kiewit Construction Companies’ business including drainage design, preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. Key responsibilities include the following:
• In office work primarily
• Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design plans and details.
• Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
• Use Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak and Inroads 3Dmodeling software
• Produce documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Follow various DOT Standards and work with companies’ CAD Standards when applicable
• Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Civil-3D, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
• Associate Degree preferred
• 5 - 10 years’ experience in CAD production of highway and civil designs
• Design-Build or Design project experience a plus
• General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for highway / civil and other infrastructure work
• Assist in specification preparation for project design
• Read and understand construction documents
• Proficiency in Micro Station
• Knowledge in AutoCAD a plus
• Knowledge of ArcGIS and surface generation a plus
• Knowledge in Geopak a plus
• Drainage design experience a plus
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers, Designers and Constructors
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Engineer, Geology, Transportation, CAD, Engineering