Kiewit Corporation Material Coordinator in Denver, Colorado
Date: Jul 8, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 80654
The Material Coordinator will provide training for project and district personnel on systems and best practices for software to track bulk materials at job sites. Requirements of this position include significant interaction with construction staff, interaction with bulk material suppliers, ability to manage relationship with vendor at a corporate agreement level, and proficiencies with advanced software – Excel/SAP experience required. Short-term field assignments are a requirement of this position. The position is operational in nature dealing significantly with field issues at active projects.
• Monitor and support the activities of personnel engagement in buying civil and structural bulk materials.
• Train and implement best practice procedures in the areas of procurement for concrete and aggregate bulk commodities.
• Manage relationship with vendors and software partner to develop best utilization from material reporting and tracking tool.
• Represent the company in logistical negotiations and coordination with suppliers.
• Implement and monitor site-specific purchasing plan for bulk commodities.
• Communicate and train material management procedures to project team.
• Manage and maintain material related software on projects of varying size and scope.
• Expected travel up to 75%.
• At least one-three years’ experience in a supply chain and/or construction related role; civil background preferred
• Demonstrated capacity to manage and maintain advanced material handling software and databases.
• Ability to build work processes and standard operating procedures.
• Introductory knowledge of site purchasing and its impact to material management
• Knowledge of the project goals and how to contribute to those goals
• Basic knowledge of prime contract flow downs for suppliers and subcontractor terms and conditions
• Basic ability to track equipment, materials, labor budgets, trends and forecasts
• Basic risk evaluation, mitigation and claims management skills
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in teams
• Familiarity with CommandAlkon / Five Cubits a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP ERP required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Chemical Research, ERP, Supply, Procurement, Engineering, Technology, Operations