Kiewit Corporation Jr. Financial Analyst in Denver, Colorado
Jr. Financial Analyst
Date: Oct 8, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 83333
• Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
• Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
• Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
• Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
• Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
• Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
• Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Experience & Requirements (Must Have):
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in financial reporting and/or data analysis within a large (> $1 billion annual revenues), complex multinational organization
• Bachelor’s degree in: Accounting, Analytics / Data Visualization / Statistics, or Finance
• Expert knowledge utilizing complex ERP systems (SAP, Oracle) to prepare financial reporting and forecasts
• Advanced knowledge utilizing data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI) to present complex financial analyses
• Expert knowledge utilizing the Microsoft Office 365 software suite to prepare and/or supplement financial reporting, forecasts and analyses
• Ability to travel up to 20%
• Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
• Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
• Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting
• Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
• Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data
• Conduct comparables analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
• Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Financial, Engineer, Financial Analyst, ERP, Database, Finance, Engineering, Technology