Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer- Central District in Denver, Colorado
Field Engineer- Central District
Date: May 19, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79671
As a Field Engineer with Kiewit’s Central District you will be a critical member of our construction team. Supervising subcontractors and self-perform work in union and non-union environment on infrastructure projects throughout the US.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Central District specializes in heavy civil, transportation projects and self performs much of the work done, so be ready to get on a project and get your hands dirty! We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
This opportunity will support Kiewit infrastructure projects throughout the Denver, CO area.
• Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
• Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work
• Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages
• Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
• Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
• Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s)
• Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
• Order and schedule material deliveries
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
• Supervise field operations
• Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents
• Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations
• Assist Engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use
• Assist in preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested
• Assist in schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others
• Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums
• Assist with entering data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management
• Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager
• Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
• Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
• Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator
• Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a closely related degree
• 3+ years of experience working in Infrastructure/Heavy Civil construction environment preferred
• Interest in heavy civil/transportation construction; such as highways, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, tunnels, earthwork, structural concrete, pipeline, etc.
• Committed to the construction industry and not the design industry- this is a hands on, construction career
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety- OSHA certification preferred
• Must be willing to relocate throughout career
• The ability to access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates, environment and terrain
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Ability to lift 30 lbs.
• Ability to access all areas of a construction site in all weather conditions. This can include walking up and down ladders and embankments
Other common names for this role : Office Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineer 2, Engineer II
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Field Engineer, Construction, Chemical Research, Drafting, Engineering