Kiewit Corporation Experienced Infrastructure Estimator - KIE in Denver, Colorado
Experienced Infrastructure Estimator - KIE
Date: Feb 12, 2020
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 88179
This position will be based out of Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Englewood, CO (South Denver) office.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is a part of Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. A full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering Group’s Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
As an Experienced Infrastructure Estimator you will work to help Kiewit create timely and accurate proposals for infrastructure projects throughout the United States and Canada.
At Kiewit, one of our keys to company stability is winning work at the right price. Without some of the best estimators in the business, we wouldn’t be where we are today and we’re currently looking for a few more to join our growing team. If you enjoy planning and evaluating a project, estimating may be the right career path for you.
• Review, analyze, and interpret Contract Documents (RFP, specifications, etc.).
• Perform all tasks related to quantity takeoffs and pricing of design-build projects in the infrastructure market.
• Manage a team of estimators to complete the estimate for a project.
• Coordinate with engineers/designers to provide constructability input and value engineering for preliminary project plans.
• Participate in and/or lead Task Force Meetings, brainstorms, and working sessions with engineers/designers.
• Identify, quantify, and communicate Risk throughout the estimating process.
• Perform site visits and investigations as needed.
• Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree preferred.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
• 3+ years of construction experience with 2+ years of experience in estimating on infrastructure projects.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
• Experience with InEight Estimate (HardDollar) preferred.
• Experience with CADD and 3D Modeling software preferred.
• Possess strong mathematical and computer skills.
• Must be able to meet deadlines.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Knowledge of construction methods, costs and techniques.
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Must be willing to travel as the job requires.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, Consulting, Transportation, Geology, Finance, Engineering, Technology