Kiewit Corporation Early Career Water Resources/Drainage Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Early Career Water Resources/Drainage Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Nov 30, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 76491
Our Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company (KIE) is a multi-faceted and leading edge division of the company that offers a variety of innovative services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new pursuits in the United States and Canada. Our design services group has offices in Colorado, Nebraska and Washington State, as well as Toronto, Canada offering expertise in structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway and materials disciplines.
KIE's key specialties include: design engineering, contract review, technical support, personnel training, design considerations, change orders, scheduling, job cost projections, and constructability and method analysis. KIE serves Kiewit districts, joint venture partners, and engineers by supporting management and supervision at all levels. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services support Kiewit pre-bid, post-bid and through project completion.
KIE has an immediate opening for a dynamic Drainage Engineer in our growing Water Resources / Drainage Group based in Englewood, CO. The Drainage Engineer will work on an interdisciplinary team including geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis and design in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.
The candidate will be part of teams responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for Kiewit Construction Companies’ business including drainage design, detailed hydrologic and hydraulic analysis (using various models and methods), and preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. This will require a broad understanding from a national perspective of the following:
• Single-event and continuous rainfall modeling
• Watershed analysis, hydrograph and peak discharge development and routing
• Software experience includes: HEC1, HEC-HMS, SWMM/XP-SWMM, TR-55, SBUH and HSPF Method programs
• Pavement drainage, culverts, storm systems, pump stations, pressure pipe, bridge sizing and scour, sediment transport, revetment design, and coastal considerations for highway drainage
• Understanding of the various FHWA hydraulic engineering circulars and design series
• Flood analysis and knowledge of the NFIP including CLOMR and LOMRs
• Stormwater quantity / quality calculations, NPDES compliance and erosion control requirements
• Software experience includes: HY-8, Culvert Master, HEC-RAS, HEC-GEORAS, Storm CAD, Civil Storm, Pond Pack, Flow Master, 2D experience helpful such as SRH-2D
• Drainage Design
• Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
• Software experience includes: Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak and Inroads or similar 3D storm water modeling preferred.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• BS or MS in Civil Engineering
• 0-4 years post-graduate experience.
• Design experience or Design-Build project experience preferred
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and support project efforts.
• The candidate will possess strong project management skills including: scope development, schedule management and earned value management.
• The candidate will lead plan production, specifications, estimate and drainage design development for final design projects.
• Must have FE/EIT
• This position requires travel to project offices and work sites. Ability to travel 25% of the time.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Architecture, Construction, Engineer, CAD, Engineering