Kiewit Corporation Early Career Project Controls & Scheduling Analyst - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Denver, Colorado
Early Career Project Controls & Scheduling Analyst - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering
Date: Mar 12, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78409
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers are seeking a Project Controls/Scheduling Analyst with specific responsibility for project controls and scheduling in the Englewood, Colorado office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to apply a logical progression of construction knowledge in infrastructure and energy work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understands the basics of construction sequencing, scheduling, and operations planning
• Assist in developing resource loaded project schedules for estimates and for newly awarded projects.
• Assist in developing and maintaining budgets and cost reports, earned value analyses, and resource planning and allocation.
• Coordination with project teams, as needed, to analyze delays and impacts to the project schedule.
• Learns and applies KIE’s standard operating procedures
• Monitors budget and schedule for design deliverables
• Learns about project risk items and mitigation strategies
• Learns Kiewit project controls processes and systems
• Learns design and construction scheduling
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related degree
• 0-4 years of related professional experience in the infrastructure design or construction fields
• The ability to travel (up to 25%)
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Office products
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated work ethic
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• The ability to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
• Occasional extended assignments at other sites are possible
• Ability to relocate based on business needs
• Must meet the requirements of eligibility to work on Federal Projects
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Project Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Geology, Engineering