Kiewit Corporation Early Career Bridge Designer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Denver, Colorado
Date: May 1, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 73624
Kiewit Engineering Group is seeking an Early Career Bridge Designer for bridge and infrastructure construction projects in the Englewood, Colorado office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and detailing tasks related to concrete and steel bridges, construction methods, and CADD production of conceptual and final design plans. The Structural Designer should be technically competent, and familiar with current tools/programs/software.
• Working with engineering team to develop preliminary and final design bridge plans and details.
• Detailing of structural elements, including concrete reinforcement and steel connections.
• Using MicroStation, AutoCAD, and 3D modeling software to develop bridge plans.
• Producing reinforcement barlists, engineering reports, models, exhibits, etc.
• Meeting project schedule requirements and deadlines; communicating progress with task lead.
• Ensuring all work is performed in compliance with Kiewit and/or project-specific standards and Quality Management plans.
• 0-4 years’ experience in CAD production of structural designs and plan sets.
• Associate Degree or better preferred.
• General knowledge of engineering principles and structural materials.
• Ability to understand construction documents and design standards.
• Background in bridge design and construction preferred.
• Must be proficient with MicroStation or AutoCAD; both preferred.
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products, Bluebeam and ProjectWise.
• Knowledge of 3D modeling preferred.
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with engineers and designers.
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize.
• Capable of recognizing discrepancies with strong attention to detail.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Quality Manager, Engineering, Quality