Kiewit Corporation Early Career Administrative Assistant - KIE in Denver, Colorado
Early Career Administrative Assistant - KIE
Date: Dec 4, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78325
Kiewit Engineering Group is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,200 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on design expertise, value engineering, constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure best value project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Denver-based Infrastructure Design district is comprised of professional engineers and designers with expertise in civil, roadway, drainage/hydraulics, structural, geotechnical, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines. This team has best-in-class technical expertise and is focused on the design-build delivery of Kiewit’s infrastructure projects.
Our involvement in projects varies from partnering with outside firms to leading design as the engineer of record, but our mission remains unchanged: collaborate with Kiewit’s construction teams and bring a construction-driven engineering focus to produce safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture of training and skills development will prepare you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
KIE has an immediate opening for a dynamic and flexible Administrative Assistant based in Englewood, CO. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of support tasks. The Administrative Assistant should have 1 – 5 years’ of experience in supporting management, be familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and professional practices.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• The candidate will be supporting Kiewit's Infrastructure Engineering district; who is responsible for completing engineering assignments for Kiewit:
• Provide administrative support to management and assist with projects or back-up support to other administrative assistants.
• Coordinate and arrange meetings including agenda preparation, meeting invitations, reserving and preparing facilities and arranging offsite meetings as requested.
• Maintain contact lists and calendars in Outlook.
• Arrange and coordinate travel schedules, reservations, and complete expense reports.
• Maintain various logs, reports and templates.
• Maintain a working knowledge of standard software/technology.
• Assist and/or arrange conference calls.
• Copy and distribute correspondence or other printed materials.
• Greet scheduled visitors and direct them to appropriate area or person, while maintaining reception area.
• Assist managers with planning and scheduling of activities.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and comfortable presenting
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
• Ability to work well with others in all capacities within the company
• Associate’s Degree preferred
Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Secretary, Hydraulics, Engineer, Transportation, Geology, Administrative, Engineering