Kiewit Corporation Digital Design Coordinator in Denver, Colorado
Digital Design Coordinator
Date: Feb 7, 2020
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 90727
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Digital Design Coordinator for our Englewood, CO office. This role is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the pursuit team, estimating team, design team, and construction teams in development and consumption of 3d models for specific use cases. The model coordinator develops a Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) execution plan that clearly defines the use cases, level of detail/development, responsibility, software requirements, schedule, and budget necessary for the defined scope of each project. Digital Design Coordination requires extensive involvement in the proposal and design phases of a design build contract. A firm understanding of utility modeling, roadway corridor modeling, surface creation, quanity takeoff and construction processes are essential to this effort.
• Facilitate model task force meetings in the estimate and design phase.
• Identify necessary use cases for modeling efforts, develop scopes, budgets and follow KIE standard operating procedures.
• Manage Projectwise deployment for the project
• Coordinate model efforts with internal and external design teams
• Manage federated model effort for constructability reviews
• Deliver digital deliverables to the Kiewit estimating, design, and construction teams.
• Virtual Design Experience
• Roadway/Wall and/or Utility Design Background
• Strong interest in advancing infrastructure projects into efficient cost affective use cases for a 3d model.
• Comfortable with transportation contract models (Design Build, CMGC, Bid Build, PPP)
• Capable of reading and understanding contract specifications
• Experience with Navisworks/Navigator (federated model)
• Experience with 4d simulations (Syncro, Navisworks Timeliner, )
• Experience with clash detection (3d Coordination) and extracting quantities from a 3d Model
• Familiar with survey layout and machine control
• Projectwise experience
• Lidar/Photogrammetry experience
• Firm understanding of Bim Processes and terminology
• Cad background (Microstation/Inroads and / or Civil 3d/Revet)
• Experience with Trimble Business Center (TBC) a Plus• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Understanding of LOD (level of detail/development) of design effort for a specific use case.
Other common names for this role: Transportation Designer, Sr. Designer, Transportation Modeler, Modeling Specialist
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Drafting, Transportation, Geology, Engineering, Technology