Kiewit Corporation 3D/Graphic Designer in Denver, Colorado
Date: May 11, 2019
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 79565
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With 2016 revenues of nearly $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 12,000 salaried and hourly staff along with more than 14,000 craft workers.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Proposal Services (KIEPS) is based in Englewood, Colorado and provides exceptional – best in class – proposal support services to each of the 15 Kiewit Infrastructure Districts. KIEPS represents a shared services initiative for Kiewit Infrastructure Group, a division of Kiewit Corporation.
KIE-PS has an immediate opening in our Englewood, CO office. Travel required up to 30%.
3D/Graphic designer to participate in and strategically influence 3D and 2D visualization, including layout, technical and nontechnical graphics, in pursuits, client interviews, change orders, legal presentations and special projects.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities :• Development and execution of 2D and 3D graphics that support and represent complex technical concepts
• Provide persuasion through layout, infographics, technical and nontechnical graphics
• Work with proposal team to develop and streamline theme and creative design through strategic leadership
• Develop graphic design solutions that support the production of winning proposals
• Develop technical graphics in support of proposals, change orders, legal presentations, and other support materials
• Knowledge and experience in production and printing of documents
• Work flexibly with varying teams
• Initiate technical and graphic design solutions to support the production of winning proposals and other documents as needed
• Provide persuasion and influence through visualization
• Think strategically and recognize opportunities for compelling graphics
• Manage deadlines and responsibilities assigned through responsibility matrix
• Support and implement best practices, style guides and templates
• Stay current on changes occurring in the graphic design industry regarding hardware, software and related computer programs
• Create and format proposal layouts in both InDesign and Word
• 5+ years graphics experience in A/E/C industry with an emphasis on $100+ million qualifications-based/design-build preferred
• Undergraduate degree in graphic design, technical illustration, 3D, communication or equivalent required
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Strong working experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, AutoCAD, Sketchup, 3ds Max, Rhinoceros
• Strong 3-D and 4-D knowledge
• Outstanding creative talent with attention to detail, accuracy and content
• Ability to work with different personalities
• Ability to manage multiple projects to consistently meet high standards and be attentive to quality
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Professional intellect
• Driven for results and deadlines
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Procurement, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Drafting, Engineering, Operations