Kiewit Corporation Piping Estimator in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
Date: May 11, 2019
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX, US
Requisition ID: 77461
Kiewit Water Facilities South has organized strategically to actively participate and capture the growing water and wastewater treatment market in open-shop areas. We intend to effectively compete and win in traditional and alternate delivery procurements and position ourselves for a sustainable future. We self-perform the majority of our work and are looking for people committed to the water construction industry.
• This is a staff position reporting to the Chief Estimator and will coordinate a team of Estimators’ activities, review and approval of estimates, records maintenance, and provide guidance to team members
• Leads team efforts to provide preconstruction services to our clients. This includes developing a bid strategy, and leading and executing the entire bid process for both negotiated bids and hard bids.
• Establish and maintain budget control during Estimating/Precon phases of the project.
Analyze, review and interpret engineering contracts, plans and specifications to develop detailed, comprehensive construction estimates for large, complex industrial projects.
• Manage the estimating function and associated workflow in a project environment. Coordinate input from internal and external groups required for estimates and proposals
• Ensure estimating and proposal activities are in accordance to Kiewit codes and standards.
• Prepare and provide value engineering solutions including cost/schedule implications.
• Coordinate and maintain relationships with subcontractors and material vendors through the management of the estimating process, including solicitation of bids and constructability input.
• Assist in the development and training of other estimating staff and work with the Marketing department in preparation of responses to RFP's and RFQ's.
• Participate in interview preparations for negotiated bids and assist in the prequalification process.
• Manage dealings with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
• Lead successful team ventures, including development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities and subcontractor community.
• Looking for mechanical process pipe estimating needs
• Ability to read Instrumentation Drawings
• Understanding of various piping materials and piping installation methods
• Perform detailed specification and drawing reviews
• Knowledge of estimating strategies and techniques
• Assist in the presentation of the estimate/proposal
• Degree in Engineering with an emphasis in Civil, Construction Management, Drafting or related fields is preferred.
• 8+ years experience in water/waste water construction/estimating
• Background in hard bid and design build procurement
• Strong background in Excel as well as Construction Estimating Software
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic; good interpersonal skills; demonstrate good organization, verbal and written communication skills; excellent leadership skills.
• Must be open to relocation and have the ability to travel and act independently with little or no supervision and as a team player.
• Experience/exposure to multiple facets of Engineering
• Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide clients the industry’s best of both engineering, procurement, and construction.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, Drafting, Procurement, Instrumentation, Finance, Engineering, Operations