Kiewit Corporation Contracts Manager in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
Date: Jan 25, 2019
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX, US
Requisition ID: 79004
This is a great opportunity to be part of a world class construction and engineering company. This position will oversee the contract review process (upstream and downstream) and will serve as a key liaison between our clients, subcontractors, and vendors. This is not a position for a traditional attorney or litigation support specialist – but rather someone who has a proven expertise in contract drafting/review.
• When bidding as a prime contractor, review prime contract agreements utilizing prescribed Kiewit Contract Review Process.
• When bidding as a subcontractor, review draft subcontract agreements, identify key risk, and redline documents to ensure compliance with acceptable risk profile.
• Revise/revise teaming agreements, joint venture/partnership agreements, and confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements to ensure compliance with acceptable risk profile.
• Interface with sponsor, area manager, estimating team, tax, treasury, legal, and risk management as necessary.
• When awarded a contract as subcontractor, ensure subcontract agreement properly captures acceptable risk profile.
• Working with applicable business lead and legal, develop project standard forms (Professional Services Agreement, Subcontract, and Material Contract).
• Working with applicable business lead and legal, support project lower-tier negotiations with consultants, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• 5+ years of related transactional experience (prior in-house experience strongly preferred).
• Excellent customer service and collaborations skills; with the ability to connect and build relationships with others inside and outside the organization.
• Ability to coordinate with a variety of corporate departments and districts to assist in the delivery of proposals.
• Familiarity with construction industry, preferred.
• Ability to work independently and think analytically with minimal oversight.
• Ability to think innovatively to offer practical solutions for clients while achieving targeted risk profile.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Purchasing, Engineer, Business Development, Contract Manager, Manager, Finance, Engineering, Sales, Legal, Management