Kiewit Corporation Water/Wastewater - Superintendent in Dallas, Texas
Water/Wastewater - Superintendent
Date: Aug 9, 2019
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Requisition ID: 81005
As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success for Kiewit’s Water Facilites District. You will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. You bring your ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
• Mentor and help to grow fellow Kiewit staff
• Review and approve the balance of Foremen, journeymen and laborer’s composite labor rates
• Manage contract administration (subcontractor/field management meeting for communication)
• Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
• Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meeting with client for problem resolution and planning
• Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections
• Review, approve and negotiate change orders
• Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
• Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes
• Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
• Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy and procedural or staff changes
• Review and approve or reject promotions up to General Foremen.
• 10+ years of construction experience with 3+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity (preferably working on Water or Wastewater treatment projects)
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit’s policies, procedures and software programs.
• Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
• In addition, this position must have
• Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration
• Abilities to access all areas on a construction project site
Other common names for this role: Civil Superintendent, Structures Superintendent, Mechanical Superintendent, Electrical Superintendent, Sr. Superintendent, Project Superintendent, General Superintendent
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Architecture, Construction, Chemical Research, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering