Kiewit Corporation Welding Manager in Cumberland Township, Pennsylvania
Date: May 16, 2018
Location: Cumberland Township, PA, US
Requisition ID: 73384
• Work with welding engineers to develop and establish training curriculum and establish training locations meet minimum requirement.
• Collate best practices of welding operations.
• Work with welding department to identify welding equipment requirements based on process and create standard purchasing scenarios.
• Develop pictorials of standard welding equipment and standard parts lists for each equipment scenario.
• Utilize Microsoft Visio to create flow charts.
• Catalog information in Welding Handbook.
• Work with equipment and maintenance departments to identify and document electrical requirements.
• Work with operations to establish standard equipment layout, access requirements, and temporary platforms.
• Compile target unit rates for utilizing new equipment and tools, i.e. RMD/Pro-Pulse, Tig, Traditional FCAW, Track Welding, SAW, etc.
• Utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Smart sheet, and other industry specific programs.
• Interface with estimating to determine information needed to capture welding equipment cost.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience working as a Welding Engineer
• Two-year Technical Degree or four-year Engineering Degree required.
• Good computer skills. Will be asked to utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Smart sheet, and other industry specific programs,
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Welding, Engineer, Electrical, Manager, Water Treatment, Manufacturing, Engineering, Management