Kiewit Corporation Lead Software Engineer: Kiewit Technology Group in Corpus Christi, Texas
Lead Software Engineer: Kiewit Technology Group
Date: Nov 20, 2018
Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Requisition ID: 78082
Position Overview: Kiewit is looking for top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative Software Delivery Team. We are seeking a highly talented, experienced Lead Software Engineer that is passionate about creating our next generation of construction products and services, has great development skills, a passion for quality, and is excited to help build incredible, engineering solutions that win over our customers. This opportunity is specifically for a new team being built to support our Kiewit Offshore Services business unit
District Overview : Kiewit Technology Group’s (KTG) mission is to deliver project schedule and cost certainty by employing technology designed by and for the construction industry. Our team deploys apps to the field that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. KTG uses the Kiewit Management System (KMS), which includes systems and tools that manage every part of Kiewit’s business and lifecycle of a project, to improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions. Every day our employees make an impact the efficiency of the iconic projects Kiewit builds and you can too.
Location: Corpus Christi TX OR Omaha, NE
System and product design:
• Considers the customer’s perspective and experiences when designing systems.
• Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which require research and analysis.
• Performs system design and specification development, program logic, application security, testing, debugging, and documentation with full awareness of cost/benefit, risk and performance.
• Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks.
• Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
• Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
• Work with Product Owners to translate roadmap features into manageable components/tasks, estimate timings and resources, suggest solutions and identify possible risks.
• Build quality directly into the engineering processes and solutions by championing automated testing and test driven development.
• Writes and coaches the team on writing clean well thought out design and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability.
• Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
• Communicates effectively and partners well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from vision to deployment and long term product stability.
• Role model to Kiewit Technology Group’s Values; Make us better, Make Someone’s Job Easier, and Deliver Measurable Value.
• Primary technical point of contact and communicator with stakeholders such as the sponsor, product manager/owner, scrum master, project teams, and upper management.
• Responsible for managing the delivery of committed work for the team.
• Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to apply these to a variety of projects as applicable.
• Mentors developers.
• Leads execution of the project and provides an example of how to build great software for developers, QA, Product Owners, and Business Analysts
• Assisting in Leading and Building a new team to help support our Kiewit Offshore Services business unit
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of Software Development Experience
• 3+ years of experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• 3+ years of experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies
• Experience working in testable system designs (e.g. unit testing frameworks, mocking frameworks, familiarity with IoC patterns)
• Experience with the following front end technology preferred:
o SignalR, Angular4, Kendo UI, React, and Xamarin, WinForms
• Experience with the following back-end technologies
o LogicApps, Azure WebJobs, Azure Funtions, Azure API Management, ASP.NET Web API, ODataV4, Data Lake, HDFS, WebHDFS, AzureSql, CosmosDB
• Experience with Web Services
• Experience with database design and programming preferred.
• Hosting applications using the Azure ecosystem
• Experience with Design patterns, SOA design & web service development
• Strong understanding of emerging technologies, standards, and best practices for .NET development.
• Experience with UX and User Centric Design (UCD)
• Must be able to work in a complex, dynamic team environment with minimal supervision and possess good organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Some travel may be required.
• Experience with the IDesign Methodology a plus
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Corpus Christi
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Construction, Software Engineer, Product Manager, Technology, Engineering, Operations