Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Safety Coordinator- Kiewit Offshore Services in Corpus Christi, Texas
Entry Level Safety Coordinator- Kiewit Offshore Services
Date: Nov 25, 2019
Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Requisition ID: 84334
Are you interested in being able to travel the country while you build complex projects that better our economy and future? How about having an opportunity to become an employee owner of a Fortune 500 company where your opinion is valued? If this is something that interests you, Kiewit Energy Group is looking for individuals who can make a profound impact on our company culture every day.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Offshore Services, a district (or business unit) of Kiewit Corporation that builds structurally complex jackets and topsides for offshore oil drilling rigs. Located in Ingleside, TX, 20 minutes outside of Corpus Christi, the 550-acre fabrication yard is the workplace of 300 staff employees and 1400 craft employees who work in the yard year-round. The projects built by Kiewit Offshore Services require significant equipment planning, detailed cost estimates and schedules, a commitment to safety by all employees, and are truly unforgettable. The Kiewit Offshore Services team is a diverse, tight knit group that enjoys fun team building events such as deep-sea fishing, golfing, and sporting events throughout the year. The employees are extremely schedule driven, high-energy, friendly, and hard workers. Within the Oil, Gas & Chemical Industry, their teams are the best evidenced by the countless project opportunities from owners who seek their expertise when challenged with complex projects. Kiewit Offshore Service leaders are seeking employees who would enjoy living in Southern Texas, ready for a fast-paced career, trainable, and can work well within a diverse team.
• Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district Safety Management Programs at industrial construction projects.
• Conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident response as needed.
• Embody the Kiewit approach to safety, being constantly aware of conditions and work practices, being empowered to stop all unsafe work when needed.
• Construction safety training (Certification preferred) plus three or more years’ construction safety experience related to piping, electrical and heavy industrial commissioning
• A bachelor's degree in safety or engineering degree or another related field is generally required for this job.
• Ability to work in outdoor work environment and around related equipment.
• Initial position will be on contract; Prefer ability and willingness to consider conversion to full time regular status and ability and willingness to relocate to project sites across the USA and/or Canada for an extended period of time.
• Fast-paced project site and project office environment; Working outdoors in varying ambient temperatures. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of craft, staff and management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Corpus Christi
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Fabrication, Construction Engineer, Entry Level, Engineering, Manufacturing