Kiewit Corporation General Superintendent - Grading in Columbus, Ohio
General Superintendent - Grading
Date: Apr 20, 2019
Location: Columbus, OH, US
Requisition ID: 79681
Provides overall on-site leadership and management on a construction project site. The General Superintendent is considered the Company’s representative and main point of contact on the construction site. The General Superintendent handles the flow of communication between Client’s on-site representatives, on-site inspectors, subcontractors, craft employees, and Kiewit personnel. The General Superintendent plans, coordinates, and supervises onsite functions including scheduling, material control, and day-to-day direction of field personnel.
• Assists the project team by providing input to identify key success factors, timing of design and procurement deliverables, and establishing common work breakdown.
• Provides leadership to cause the creation of organizational structure and processes required to fully execute the requirements of services and is responsible for the execution of the work, quality, subcontractor performance, and construction cost.
• Evaluates execution for compliance to contract, design data, schedule, cost budgets, and quality, advising the project team of status, issues, impacts, risk, and cost influence factors on "to go" scope.
• Monitors the implementation of safety orientations, safety indoctrinations, provides coaching for improvement.
• Monitors crews for organizational structure, sizing, crew mix ratios, and wage compliance.
• Reviews and monitors cost and man-hour budget for installation process and develops a staff, facilities, equipment, and tool requirement plan.
• Direct knowledge in the areas of roads, highways, and bridges along with Maintenance of Traffic, Erosion Control and Safety Training required.
• Bilingual proficiency a plus.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Working knowledge of Trimble/machine grade control, demo, excavation, lime and flex base operations
• Knowledge of local materials
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Procurement, Compliance, Wastewater, Engineering, Operations, Legal